Filed under: CHAFF
Oft referred to (only by me) as the second city of Los Campesinos!, due to us recording our first reckid there and generally having ties and history here, we rolled into The Big ‘Ronto. And it go a little something like this:
- Day starts with Neil getting confused by April Fools jokes. “Gareth, did you see the Guardian’s just gonna be published via Twitter from now on?”. LOL AT NEIL!!
- Drive from Montreal, watching Twin Peaks and listening to Fightstar. The couple of singles off the first Fight star record are awesome. I’ve never got into the whole record, but ‘Paint Your Target’ and Pahlaniuk’s Laughter’ are flawless.
- Only got in at about 4pm, so no time to see anything. Rotate This, Soundscapes and Sonic Boom (especially) are three of our favourite record stores, but the Opera House is near nothing good apparently, woe.
- We’ve been to the Opera House before. We recorded the video to Tweexcore here. The embarassing video to Tweexcore here. The embarassing video to the regretful Tweexcore here. My hair is better now at least.
- All bar me went for dinner with Kevin Drew and Arts & Crafts. I streamed the England highlights at the venue and then met up with my Ontario pals, Ian and Julia.
- Really good show. Sound was amazing for Sky Larkin, and the venue is reeeealy beautiful.
- Did an interview and got asked about wanking. Glad the blog’s had an impact.
- We played ‘We Are All Accelerated Readers’ tonight. I didn’t know anybody liked that song, but people shouted for it, which was nice to hear, as it’s one of our favourites I think.
- Tom, Aleks and Harriet left our show as soon as we finished to race across town to see Efterklang play. It’s nice when a plan comes together.
- Neil and Todge stayed out drinking afterwards. Reports abound that they saw the most beautiful girl in the world, playing pool at a bar. I went back to the hotel and looked at pictures of dead animals on the internet. Don’t not drink kids. This is what it does to you.
- Katie Harkin and I signed a breast each at the merch stall, post-gig. My first experience of such a thing. I don’t mean breasts generally, thanks, just signing one. I felt like Bret Michaels.
11 Comments so far
Leave a comment