Filed under: CHAFF
I’m gonna level with you. I’ve never been a fan of Montreal before. Prior to this we’d played there twice, once with Broken Social Scene, on the abyss of a 6am flight to Japan, and once where after the show a ‘Record Label Representative’ took us out for drinks, only to invoice us the bill a couple of days later. Woe. Anyways…
- So many friendly people at merch today. A nice guy named Marc brought me a glockenspiel key to sign. It really pains me that I may have influenced, even slightly, somebody to buy a glockenspiel. It’s the shittest instrument in the world. Nobody ever got laid by playing a glockenspiel, and that’s the whole reason people start bands in the first place. Useless.
- My favourite Sky Larkin show of the tour so far.
- Three hours or something, waiting at the Canadian border. When waiting in places of security me and Neil always take a stance of be as annoying as possible and then they’ll not want us hanging around and let us through as quickly as possible. Didn’t really work this time.
- Top topics of conversation: Mindless acts of destruction committed as a child. We are thankful that by the time any of us have kids they’ll be able to act out all vandalism in a virtual world.
- Day two of sobriety. It’s more difficult to remember the words when abstemious.
- Listened to The Great Annihilator twice today. Forgot what a great record it is. One of those that seems absolutely timeless to me.
- Tom got to do his “ma mere et un professor d’francais whatever bluhbluhbluh” routine on the crowd. Always goes down a treat.
- Neil finished his book (Everyman by Phillip Roth) and had folded down the corners of the pages which held sexy passages, so I could read them afterwards. Thanks mate.
- If I ever have any money I’m going to buy a digital camera and these blogs will be a masterpiece.
- Last night I dreamt about Dananananaykroyd. I was somewhere with Duncan and David. I don’t remember what exactly happened, but it’s certainly as a result of me being severely jealous that they’re touring the UK right now and we’re nowhere in sight.
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment