Filed under: WHEAT
So, today saw the release of Romance Is Boring in the UK. I hope you like it. We do.
Thought I’d just do a blog post to tie up some loose ends/remind you of some things/etc
- Thank you ever so much to all those of you who came to the Rough Trade instore on Sunday. It was an incredibly fun show to play. We’re excited to be playing all the new songs, and although a couple of them were a little shaky yesterday, we felt it was a cracking day.
- Slight (!) frustration that the slipcases for the UK CD version of the album came back printed incorrectly. This was not our fault, or anybody who directly works with us, but an error by the printers. They are supposed to be matt, but as a result of this cock up, a lot of the CD slipcases are gloss. We will be carrying the correct slipcases with us on the UK tour, so you can come claim one if you like. I understand that this slight difference won’t bother many people, but it bloody bothers me, alright? Cool.
- There was a little confusion with some of the dates on our US tour. I was given some incorrect information, so, unfortunately, despite being told that the Boston show would be All Ages, it is in fact an 18+ show. Good news for different people though. We have been able to make the Toronto show All Ages. We always endeavour to make our shows All Ages, but sometimes it’s just not possible, I’m afraid.
- The song Too Many Flesh Suppers is available on iTunes as an “album bonus track”. 79p for one of my favourite songs we ever recorded. It was recorded during the Romance Is Boring sessions, but never really ‘fit’ on the record, y’know?
- I’ve been trying to tease international release dates out of people for a while, and eventually got the answer that it should be out everywhere by now. Only place I’m unsure of is Australia, which I’ll keep enquiring about. Wish me luck.
- Sunday night, some of our music was used as the bed track to introduce the Arsenal v Manchester United match on Match Of The Day 2. Definitely up there with my proudest moments.
- The incredibly talented Marc Ellerby drew a comic strip including one of our songs. Nothing like a bit of mutual fandom.
- A few people have enquired about the press shots that have accompanied all the recent chat about us. They’re by the brilliant Jon Bergman, who also did the birds of prey shoot for us.
- And finally, a reminder that we’ve got a load of tour dates coming up. Some of the UK Dates are already sold out, and others are close to, so I’d recommend getting a ticket in advance to avoid potential disappointment. Unless you live in Falmouth. Also, all current touring plans will be undertaken by the eight piece Campesinos!, which means we’ll be joined by Mr Sparky Deathcap, Rob, in our band once again. Always a pleasure.
(with Islet and Swanton Bombs)
11 Feb Wrexham, Central Station (14+)
12 Feb Liverpool, EVOL@O2 (14+)
13 Feb York, Fibbers (14+)
15 Feb Aberdeen, Tunnels (14+)
16 Feb Dundee, Dog House (14+)
17 Feb Edinburgh, Bongo (18+)
18 Feb Derby, The Venue (14+)
19 Feb Leicester, The Musician (14+)
21 Feb Cambridge, Junction (14+)
22 Feb Norwich, Arts Centre (14+)
23 Feb Brighton, Audio New Slang Night (16+)
24 Feb Portsmouth, Wedgewood Rooms (14+)
25 Feb London, KOKO (15+)
26 Feb Falmouth, Princess Pavillion (ALL AGES)
27 Feb Bristol, Thekla (14+)
01 Mar Birmingham, The Rainbow (18+)
02 Mar Northampton, Roadmender (14+)
03 Mar Reading, Plug & Play (16+)
04 Mar Kingston, Banquet New Slang (18+)
(with Copy Haho)
10 Mar Munich (GERMANY), Atomic Cafe
11 Mar Zurich (SWITZERLAND), Club Room
12 Mar St Gallen (SWITZERLAND), Theater Palace
13 Mar Cologne (GERMANY), Gebaude 9
14 Mar Amsterdam (HOLLAND), Melkweg
15 Mar Paris (FRANCE), Le Point Éphémère
17 Mar Hamburg (GERMANY), Molotov
18 Mar Brussels (BELGIUM), Rotonde
(MORE US SHOWS TO BE ADDED)
20 April Toronto, ONT Phoenix Theatre (ALL AGES)
22 April New York, NY Irving Plaza (ALL AGES)
24 April Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club (18+)
27 April Washington, DC 9:30 Club (ALL AGES)
30 April Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro (ALL AGES)
04 May Seattle, WA Showbox Theatre (ALL AGES)
07 May San Francisco, CA Grand Ballroom (ALL AGES)
08 May Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre (ALL AGES)
21 May Cardiff, Solus
46 Comments so far
Leave a comment